Sunday, March 9, 2008

श्री पुरम बी नाथालिए लाथं


Somehow this program is translating the title into Hindi! It says "Sri Puram" by Nathalie Latham, another glorious shot from her - thank you Nathalie.

I haven't been the the "new" Sri Puram park. I wonder what it's like.

My first memory of Sri Puram is from when I was first at Peedam, and Lisa B told me Amma had given her daily permission to walk around it, for her good health.

I didn't have permission for that and I didn't mind at all. I had no desire to do the daily circuit, for whatever reason. What I did want, was to be able to take some photos of Amma, which wasn't really allowed and certainly not encouraged without permission.

And then on several ocassions, when I had my camera with me, Amma would give me a nod or a smile and say it was OK to take a photo.

Even though I didn't really understand Amma straight away, I remember marvelling at how Amma seemed to understand us so well. Lisa, who wanted a daily constitutional, was granted permission to walk around Sri Puram daily. I, who so wanted to take some photos, was allowed to do that, without really even asking.

Once in the eco pond, I think Amma actually told me to go and get my camera! (For the shot at the very start of this blog...) I was AGOG!

:-)

No comments: